Tuesday, January 8, 2008

A Reminder

The other day I'm cleaning out my nightstand, and I come across a prophetic word that we received right after Michael accepted his new job. We were leaving church and a lady approached us giving us this word. Anytime I ever get a word it is ALWAYS the same. It pretty much says that I need to continue to seek Him at a deeper level because I have a bunch of emotional and physical junk that needs healing. Maybe I will start to heal up some of that stuff this year...I would sure like to receive a different word someday. lol! The part of the word that really touched my heart was this: " You are going through a tough time right now. It is a struggle, and the Lord wants you to continue to be patient through this huge transition." WOW! At the time we received this, it didn't really make since because everything was going great. Michael got offered more than we asked for, the house sold in 4 days, and everything was so easy. We weren't struggling at all. But now it all makes sense...the Lord was speaking of what is to come and He was so sweet as to prepare us for it. But it didn't sink in until I found that word and read it six months later. I can't explain what a comfort it is to know that the Lord sees us and He knew that this was going to be hard. However, He is still here. He has never left us, and no matter what the future holds for us in Lubbock, He is constant. I have realized that it is so easy to let your mind and heart get all foggy, and you can't see anything but the struggle. But the fog always lifts. It may take awhile, but it will leave. And we will continue on and be a happy strong family that is blessed.
Thank you to my two sweet friends that let me vent, and then spoke to me with such love and encouragement. Thank you for loving me for me.

2 comments:

Lainie said...

You are treasured by God and you are a gift to me. Love you!

Amy said...

I LOVE THIS! And I love you!