Thursday, February 28, 2008

A Kidless Weekend

Ok, it has been way to long, and I was informed of that today by a sweet precious friend of mine. So here I am to describe our three days and nights away from our kids. Michael had a company meeting/party in Dallas this past Thursday. Memaw and papa came down to be with the kids...I don't think they were prepared for how needy they are. That was the longest they have been with them, and let's just say they were ready to go home. lol! Anyways, back to our mini vacation. It was incredible. Michael had a meeting most of the day on Friday so I slept in untiil 9, ordered room service for breakfast, showered, slept for a couple of more hours, painted my nails, and slept until Michael got back at 4. I didn't know what to do with myself...I think my body was catching up from sleep since Jo was born!! We ate some amazing food, rode gocarts, hung out with some good Christian friends, and enjoyed one another!! By Saturday night, we were missing the kiddos alot! I called Makayla to tell her I missed her, and I realized that I have never spoke to her on the phone before! She has such a cute little voice. I love being there mommy! Monday was a day of meltdowns...let's just say the kids pretty much got their way the whole time we were gone! But I guess that is what being a grandparent is all about...I guess I will find that out later in life. Wow, we are going to be grandparents some day! Life is good.

1 comment:

Lainie said...

Yeah for blogging.....I love the story and glad you got some much needed rest!