Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A Breakthrough?

Hey everyone! Well, it has been awhile, and i have officially got all of the house painted! (except the living room...michael won't let me, but I'm working on it!) So I sat on the couch last weekend and realized that I haven't just zoned out and relaxed in two months!! I even took a nap! It was soooo amazing. The house is coming along. We haven't gotten the kitchen and utility room tiled and are starting on the bathrooms next. We also got the new countertops on....NO MORE GREEN!!! (well, except the carpet but not much longer) It is really started to feel like home now. We all went out of town last weekend and I found myself being excited about coming home to Lubbock...that's right, I called Lubbock "home." I am quickly realizing that my "home" is my family. Whenever we are all together, that is when my heart is at peace and happy. I love my family. They are so amazing. Ok, back to my title....this weekend we get up on sunday and totally don't feel like going to church. You know the usual, "I don't have anything to wear? I'm tired. The kids are cranky. We don't have enough time to get ready." The list goes on and on. But somehow we battled the urge to skip and arrived Church on the Rock. We have gone there once before and really liked it. Everyone is very sweet and welcoming. All week long I had been talking to Makayla about going into her class like a big girl. She did great!! She cried a little but she didn't throw herself on the floor. This was a HUGE deal. The service was amazing. This church is filled with the holy spirit and we feel very comfortable there. The nursery workers were very understanding towards Jo and when we picked her up, she was so happy! This was a first! And then today at school, she went in without crying too! She says she likes her new church and wants to go back. Thank you Lord! Just when you think you can't keep going, Jesus does something amazing. Isn't He sweet?

2 comments:

Lainie said...

Morgan, I'm so happy for you! With obedience comes breakthrough and you have obeyed! I am glad you feel like Lubbock is home (I'm still working on that!) I love having you close it is so sweet of the Lord! Love you!

Amy said...

Oh, isn't God good...and faithful. He will complete the work He began in you (all of you). It's so good to hear this. We love you and rejoice in your joys and breakthroughs!